Help Portrait is a movement of photographers who are using their time, equipment and expertise to give back to those who are less fortunate.

Let's Connect

Members

Discussion Forum

Locations

175 discussions

Miscellaneous

Existing discussions that have not been assigned a category.

29 discussions

Setup

20 discussions

Getting Involved

36 discussions

Marketing

7 discussions

Sponsorships

4 discussions

Volunteers

15 discussions

H-P Community

25 discussions

Information

Ottawa CAN 2012

Team Ottawa Community page.

Members: 10
Latest Activity: Nov 26, 2012

Discussion Forum

This group does not have any discussions yet.

Comment Wall

Comment

You need to be a member of Ottawa CAN 2012 to add comments!

Comment by Kevin Bhookun on November 26, 2012 at 12:54pm

Reminder: meeting tonight at 6:00 pm. Currently set for Bridgehead coffee house at spark/metcalfe. I would appreciate it if you could tell respond to the event to either accept or decline the invitation. 

Thanks for letting me know. 

https://www.facebook.com/events/418098771593350/

Comment by Kevin Bhookun on November 16, 2012 at 3:41pm

Ladies and Gentlemen, We have a venue. Councillor Maria McRae is providing us with the Jean Pigott Hall at City Hall for December 8. Now that we have a location - let's get cracking on the rest of the stuff. This is super exciting guy! I can't wait for the D-DAY !

Convo on facebook - please go there and join in.

Comment by Kevin Bhookun on November 16, 2012 at 12:03pm

Yes December 8 - That's a Saturday.

Comment by Jericho777 on November 16, 2012 at 11:48am

Just a dumb question.

We're doing this on December 8th, right?

Comment by Kevin Bhookun on November 16, 2012 at 11:10am

Please reply over at http://facebook.com/helpportraitottawa everyone. Thank you. 

Comment by Kevin Bhookun on November 16, 2012 at 11:09am

I am postiing duplicates of messages here in case you miss it. We are going to work off of the facebook page mainly so please go over there and LIKE the page and contribute there. It is more engaging, and more people see what's going on. It is also better than getting an email notification and then having to click to come here to see what's up - that's so 90's. 

Anyhow - Here is what's going on.

I am contacting City Councillor Maria McRae today to see if I can get the ball rolling on a location for this year. I would also like to see more of you guys involved in finding resources for December 8. 

We need a number of things at least planned before we have a team meeting. 

Printing: It would be fantastic if we could print and deliver on the spot this year instead of delivering after. The

impact, the story won't be the same if we deliver on another day. 

Digital Imaging: I am going to need some retouchers - Any of you photoshop people out there want to setup a few laptops and post-process then print those images, please don't be shy. I need to hear from you now. 

Coffee: Stuart is looking into bridgehead - that's great news, Any other ideas for the munchies? I am going to ask a few local tim hortons if they want to participate - anyone else?

Photographers: I need you to tell me your speciality and what gear you have. Message me with your name, gear list, and skills. The more photographers, The more people, The quicker things go. The bigger the story.

Makeup artists: Speak up! :)

Clothing and Props: ??

Volunteers for signup table and general audience guidance:

Let's go!
Comment by Kevin Bhookun on November 16, 2012 at 8:47am

Let's please more this conversation over to our facebook page. It is easier to manage and more people can be involved.

http://facebook.com/helpportraitottawa

Comment by Kevin Bhookun on November 16, 2012 at 8:25am

Thanks Stuart - great for Bridgehead, go ahead with that - i am going to look for the city councillor today.

Comment by Stuart Seemungal on November 16, 2012 at 1:48am
Kevin, a friend of mine manages a Bridghead coffee shop. I'll contact her and see if they would like to donate coffee to the cause.

In regards to the room, I would recommend reading the notes from last year and contacting the city councillor who arranged for the room to be donated to Help Portrait instead of going through the bookings department.
Comment by Kevin Bhookun on November 15, 2012 at 2:20pm

Update: I just got (sorta) in touch with city hall. I now know that the office to contact is the OCH booking. I left a message there however, I still don't have a name. Hopefull I get a callback ASAP. If anyone has other venue ideas, let me here it!

Members (10)

© 2014   Created by Kyle Chowning.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service