Help Portrait is a movement of photographers who are using their time, equipment and expertise to give back to those who are less fortunate.

Let's Connect

Members

Discussion Forum

Locations

175 discussions

Miscellaneous

Existing discussions that have not been assigned a category.

29 discussions

Setup

20 discussions

Getting Involved

36 discussions

Marketing

7 discussions

Sponsorships

4 discussions

Volunteers

15 discussions

H-P Community

25 discussions

North Bay, Ontario, Canada 2013

Information

North Bay, Ontario, Canada 2013

Professional Photographers helping the community

Members: 43
Latest Activity: Dec 5, 2013

Discussion Forum

The news this HP Event

Started by Ed Eng Dec 2, 2013. 0 Replies

Yes great work everyone it was a fabulous day!!! Congratulations!I found the link online here by Marnie…Continue

Comment Wall

Comment

You need to be a member of North Bay, Ontario, Canada 2013 to add comments!

Comment by Ed Eng on December 3, 2013 at 9:30pm
Comment by Ed Eng on December 3, 2013 at 7:50pm
Comment by Ed Eng on December 3, 2013 at 7:05pm
Comment by Ed Eng on December 2, 2013 at 10:30am

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// MEDIA RELEASE ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

LOCAL PHOTOGRAPHERS FOCUS ON HELP PORTRAIT

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE November 29, 2013

NORTH BAY - Excitement is building as local photographers and photo enthusiasts get ready to gather for the fourth annual Photo Group North Bay Help Portrait event. Help Portrait is an global movement of photographers who volunteer their time, expertise and equipment to give back to those in need. “ Globally Help Portrait has taken place at 2,128 locations in 62 countries. The community of photographers and volunteers now numbers over 52,000 worldwide," says William Ferguson, Help Portrait community liaison.

The Photo Group North Bay event is organized by well known local photographer Ed Eng. “The task is simple enough. Find someone in need, take their photo, print, frame and deliver their portrait, all in one day, in time for Christmas.” Said Eng. Help Portrait has given over 282,000 portraits worldwide.

Local photographers, sponsors, and local businesses are preparing for the event, keen to share the spirit of the season. “The outpouring of support for this event has been phenomenal” Eng said.

The program will include free make up and hair dressing, five professionally manned studios, print proofing and framing station, free refreshments, and individual support for each of the participants. The portraits are taken on timed appointments throughout the day and are booked in advance.

The Photo Group North Bay Help Portrait event will run from 9:00am to 2:00pm at école secondaire Algonquin in North Bay on Sunday, December 1, 2013.

- 30 -

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// MEDIA RELEASE ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Comment by Ed Eng on November 26, 2013 at 9:11pm
Comment by Ed Eng on November 16, 2013 at 6:16am

Happy news looks like we have all the Hair & makeup stylists filled

However always room for one more...lol Thanks everyone

Comment by Ed Eng on November 11, 2013 at 4:56pm

Thanks Gerry

Comment by Gerry Gooderham on November 11, 2013 at 3:34pm

Ed I sent 3 MUA's info on how to help hope they get in contact soon. I will send my picture in tonight.

Comment by Ed Eng on November 11, 2013 at 11:27am

Great meeting Sunday every thing is coming together. Might need a few more Makeup stylist. If anyone you know can help please let us know. Saturday Nov.30 9am for setup at location. Sunday Dec1 is the event day. Starting at 9am. Please wear black. Make sure you send me a photo for the name badge if you were not there last year. E-mail me at ed@edeng.net. Thanks 

Comment by Ed Eng on November 6, 2013 at 10:23pm

Hi All
Help Portrait 2013 meeting!
Meeting at the Chicago Cafe 1pm this Sunday Nov 10th to finalize, last meeting before the event Dec1st. Please come if you can make it.
Should be a short meeting 30-45min. Coffee will be on.
Thanks.

Ed

© 2014   Created by Kyle Chowning.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service