Help Portrait is a movement of photographers who are using their time, equipment and expertise to give back to those who are less fortunate.

Information

Harrisburg PA USA

Looking for photographers and volunteers to participate in regular Help-Portrait events in the Central Pennsylvania region. 

Members: 10
Latest Activity: Dec 5, 2013

Help-Portrait Harrisburg News

Welcome to the Harrisburg Help Portrait group!

We are confirmed for a December 7th 2013 event to be held on the ground floor of Harrisburg University (4th and Market Streets).  We have two local women and children shelters who would like to participate and possibly a third group that would also come to this site.

I have commitments from 5 photographers already and with our three groups participating we should have 40+ "sittings" to accomodate.   

We also need volunteers to help coordinate, do hair and makeup and just help keep things running smothly.  We will also cooridnate volunteers through this forum.

Looking forward to December 7th!

Albert

Discussion Forum

Planning meeting take-aways

Started by Albert Sarvis. Last reply by Timothy William Lawrence Dec 5, 2013. 3 Replies

Folks,We have many volunteers who have stepped up for 12/07/13 and we are confirmed to have 40-50 participants for photos!  I will handle the photo paper (we will do 4x6 prints) and location…Continue

Planning Meeting for 12/07/13

Started by Albert Sarvis. Last reply by Albert Sarvis Nov 18, 2013. 10 Replies

We will be holding our planning meeting on the Ground Floor of Harrisburg University at 5:30pm on Monday November 11th.  Please plan to attend this meeting if you can.thanks,AlbertContinue

Help Portrait Harrisburg 2013 - Organizational meeting

Started by Albert Sarvis. Last reply by Albert Sarvis Oct 30, 2013. 2 Replies

Hey Everyone! We are confirmed for a December 7th event to be held on the ground floor of Harrisburg University (4th and Market Streets).  We have two local women and children shelters who would like…Continue

Tags: Organizing, Meeting, 2013

List of Volunteers

Started by Albert Sarvis Feb 5, 2012. 0 Replies

Hey Folks,We are less than a week away now so I'm posting a list of all the volunteers I've heard from.  Our final planning meeting is tomorrow afternoon so I'll post again tomorrow night with any…Continue

Comment Wall

Comment

You need to be a member of Harrisburg PA USA to add comments!

Comment by Hasby on November 25, 2012 at 7:42pm

Anyone interested in taking over helpportraithbg.com domain name? I have renewed it for another year and I can transfer the domain name registration to someone that will want to lead HP in this area.

Comment by yekaterina on November 25, 2012 at 4:34pm

i'm very interested to help, have non-professional portrait experience & work very well with children. if given access to the right equipment, could shoot, or else help in any way needed. live 45 min away.

Comment by Albert Sarvis on November 7, 2012 at 6:06pm

Hey everyone, I know we are only one month away from this year's HP event day (12/8/12) but I wanted to send a note out to see what kind of interest we have in our group for trying to set something up this year.

Please reply back to our page if you are interested.

thanks!

Albert

sarvisimagery@gmail.com

Comment by Albert Sarvis on February 18, 2012 at 5:56pm

Sounds good. 

I'll watch the mail next week and will be in touch.

Comment by Albert Sarvis on February 18, 2012 at 4:41pm

Aly,

Thank YOU for your help. I'm happy to meet up with you to get the photos off your flash drive.  I'm going to be out on the Carlisle Pike around Mechanicsburg tomorrow afternoon...OR you can put them on a DVD and mail them to me. (430 Devon Road Camp Hill, PA 17011)

Albert

p.s. I added you to a circle on Google+.  Are you on Facebook?

Comment by Albert Sarvis on February 18, 2012 at 1:42pm

Thank you everyone for a great event today!  I'll be working with our images over the next few days and will get them posted and submitted to Help-Portrait.

I'm looking forward to working with everyone again in December.  I'll update this page as we go forward.

Albert

Members (10)

© 2014   Created by Kyle Chowning.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service