Information

Denver, CO USA - 2013

Colorado Photographers - December 7, 2013-

Denver is gearing up for a 5th Fabulous Year giving back as COSmiles. Last year was great, this year is going to be even better. 

December 8 2012 we had 60 Volunteers joined together to give back to Denver.  We had 13 designated Photographers, 49 other volunteres including: Editors, Paul Mitchell provide Hair and Make Up. Skadoodles provide Food and Beverage.  Two Santa's with onsight Santa Pix printing.  Professional Printing by ProDPI.  Very generou donations from Office Max, JRL Foundation and all our volunteers.   Our 4th Year was Small in numbers but Large in Smiles.  Stay tuned for the video by Cheri and Chuck. 

Year 4, December 8th, 2012 in the heart of Downtown Denver at Open Door Ministries.

Visit our 2012 Video

http://youtu.be/Xaz1bLrWCn8

Year 3, December 10th, 2011 marked our 3rd Year in a Row. At Our Saviors Lutheran Church.

The Denver Post and Craig Walker came and captured some images of our event this year. 

http://photos.denverpost.com/mediacenter/2011/12/photos-help-portrait-event-at-our-saviors-lutheran-church-in-denver/26005/

Help-Portrait has also gotten the attention of CNN and is one of the cover stories.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/12/09/us/photographers-help-portraits/index.html?hpt=hp_c2  

Planning for 2013 will begin in January.

Visit YouTube and watch our 2010 Video

http://youtu.be/Y_M-UdhPm2Q

Members: 145
Latest Activity: Mar 6

DENVER HELP-PORTRAIT

Discussion Forum

Search for Members To Serve On Fundraising

Started by Katherine Payne Mar 21, 2012. 0 Replies

A message from Katherine Payne to all members of Denver, CO USA - 2012 on Help-Portrait Community! Hello Denver Group - This year, Denver will be giving back for a 4th year.  We are excited that we have secured a location for the December Event 2012…Continue

Tags: 2012, Denver, Fundraising

Comment Wall

Comment

You need to be a member of Denver, CO USA - 2013 to add comments!

Comment by Chelsea Midkiff on October 30, 2009 at 5:08pm
Was there a meeting last night or do we need to reschedule?

Annie Harris from Urban Peak invited us to attend the kick-off celebration to the Homeless & Runaway Youth Awareness Month on Monday 11/2. 4pm to 6pm - FREE @ St. Cajetan’s Center on Auraria Campus. I can email anyone who might be interested all the information if you would like.

I definitely plan on going. Then if we need to meet after we can either do the usual 6:30 at Stellas or go to Katherine's studio which she kindly offered as a meeting place (thanks!). I would like to meet everyone and I think it's good if we can get things going on this as time is ticking.

Looking forward to Monday!
Comment by Andrew Berglund on October 29, 2009 at 6:51pm
Sorry it's taken me a while to get back. I have been away from internet access all day. I am also going to have trouble attending tonight's meeting. If a reschedule does occur I will be glad to attend then. Otherwise I also look forward to a review of tonight's meeting.
Comment by Katherine Payne on October 29, 2009 at 4:57pm
Jay is still available tonight so anyone who can still meet will be meeting at Stella's tonight. I'll look forward to the overview and wish I could attend. Thanks everyone.
Comment by Katherine Payne on October 29, 2009 at 4:24pm
Monday, November 2nd I am available, any time during the day or evening. We can plan to meet either at Stella's on Monday if that works for most of everyone or we can plan to meet at my studio at 9th and Linoln. You can also reach me at k91.katherine@gmail.com - Make sure you put in the subject line Help Portraits Group.
Comment by Marcus Baney on October 29, 2009 at 4:04pm
i won't be available saturday or sunday, but i'm open other than that. but don't hold the re-schedule just because of me if it needs to be one of those days.
Comment by Chelsea Midkiff on October 29, 2009 at 3:59pm
I think it may be a good idea to reschedule since the weather is bad and the roads will only get worse as the temperature drops. Friday evening, Sunday late morning/early afternoon or Monday evening would all work for me. I am pretty flexible though. I live in Arvada and work in Golden. Just let me know what is decided.

I talked a bit more with Anne (Director of Development and Public Affairs) at Urban Peak today. She said depending on logistics we can most likely have the photoshoot/event in their facility. So that is good news! I think once we get the fundamental details worked out, more and more people (photographers etc) will step in to volunteer their time. I am really looking forward to this! :)
Comment by Katherine Payne on October 29, 2009 at 3:45pm
**URGENT** - With Denver Weather as it is and the city pretty much shutting down early and the lack of parking available at Stella's what is the opinion of the group to reschedule tonights gathering? I am outside Boulder and getting downtown may be tough for me so I am not going to plan to drive down. If the group would still like to meet, without me, that is OK too, I'll look for Andrew's and Jay's follow up. Any thoughts?????
Comment by Katherine Payne on October 28, 2009 at 8:38pm
Looks good to me Jay, Thank You Everyone. It looks like things are actually coming together, this is very exciting.
Comment by Jay Morse on October 28, 2009 at 8:27pm
Excellent Chelsea!
Here is another try at the flyer I started.
Help Portrait Denver.doc
Comment by Chelsea Midkiff on October 28, 2009 at 5:59pm
I just received an e-mail back from Urban Peak. They are very interested in working with us on this as well. They would love to have an opportunity like this for the youth in their programs and were so thankful to me for thinking about them. We can discuss further tomorrow?

© 2014   Created by Kyle Chowning.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service