Information

Denver, CO USA - 2013

Colorado Photographers - December 7, 2013-

Denver is gearing up for a 5th Fabulous Year giving back as COSmiles. Last year was great, this year is going to be even better. 

December 8 2012 we had 60 Volunteers joined together to give back to Denver.  We had 13 designated Photographers, 49 other volunteres including: Editors, Paul Mitchell provide Hair and Make Up. Skadoodles provide Food and Beverage.  Two Santa's with onsight Santa Pix printing.  Professional Printing by ProDPI.  Very generou donations from Office Max, JRL Foundation and all our volunteers.   Our 4th Year was Small in numbers but Large in Smiles.  Stay tuned for the video by Cheri and Chuck. 

Year 4, December 8th, 2012 in the heart of Downtown Denver at Open Door Ministries.

Visit our 2012 Video

http://youtu.be/Xaz1bLrWCn8

Year 3, December 10th, 2011 marked our 3rd Year in a Row. At Our Saviors Lutheran Church.

The Denver Post and Craig Walker came and captured some images of our event this year. 

http://photos.denverpost.com/mediacenter/2011/12/photos-help-portrait-event-at-our-saviors-lutheran-church-in-denver/26005/

Help-Portrait has also gotten the attention of CNN and is one of the cover stories.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/12/09/us/photographers-help-portraits/index.html?hpt=hp_c2  

Planning for 2013 will begin in January.

Visit YouTube and watch our 2010 Video

http://youtu.be/Y_M-UdhPm2Q

Members: 145
Latest Activity: Mar 6

DENVER HELP-PORTRAIT

Discussion Forum

Search for Members To Serve On Fundraising

Started by Katherine Payne Mar 21, 2012. 0 Replies

A message from Katherine Payne to all members of Denver, CO USA - 2012 on Help-Portrait Community! Hello Denver Group - This year, Denver will be giving back for a 4th year.  We are excited that we have secured a location for the December Event 2012…Continue

Tags: 2012, Denver, Fundraising

Comment Wall

Comment

You need to be a member of Denver, CO USA - 2013 to add comments!

Comment by Jay Morse on October 25, 2009 at 8:10pm
I just created a rough draft flyer that we could post at local businesses & even email.
Dave - Since you are the creative guy, could you mess around with it some & see what you can make this into?
Help Portrait Denver.docx

I have not heard back from my contact for securing a location, however I just sent an email to check in. Hopefully I will have more information by Thursday.
Comment by Katherine Payne on October 22, 2009 at 8:13am
Awesome Sarah bring her on board, we need more people.
Comment by Sarah Boyd on October 21, 2009 at 7:39pm
Hi folks, I'm in Fort Collins but my friend Andrea Rouge works for a non-profit called Share Our Strength (www.strength.org), and said she knows TONS of families who would benefit from the event. I told her to join up... if she doesn't, you should definitely get in touch with the organization anyway. They're really awesome.
Comment by Coleen Whitfield on October 21, 2009 at 9:41am
Hello everyone,
I've been using some social networking tools to help recruit people. I don't know if any of you use Twitter, but I've been sending out tweets a few times a day to hopefully stir some interest. Here's an example of what I've been sending:

DENVER PHOTOGRAPHERS! Help give back to the less fortunate this holiday season! Sign up here http://tinyurl.com/denverhp @help_portrait

Also, I shoot occasionally for the Denver Westword, I can check with my editor to see if this is a story that they'd be interested in covering.

Thank you to all that are helping!
Comment by Katherine Payne on October 20, 2009 at 9:07pm
Welcome to the group. Look forward to having you aboard.
Comment by Marcus Baney on October 20, 2009 at 8:37pm
hey guys. just finally stumbled upon the community page for this thing. i'd love to help out. :)
Comment by Katherine Payne on October 20, 2009 at 7:06pm
Thanks Andrew for the great review of our meeting and Thanks Jay for the update. I'm still working on recruiting some folks, perhaps will bring in some help from other states wanting to come to Colorado for a few days.
Comment by Jay Morse on October 20, 2009 at 6:41pm
I spoke to a contact with 'Denver's Road Home' today & received great information. She mentioned that the Denver Rescue Mission is only open in the evenings & early mornings, so they would not be a good choice for this project. She did recommend St. Francis Center, which is open on Saturdays. They will range from 300-500 people. She will contact her contact there & let me know his thoughts on this. She also said that there are a couple of other places we could go to that would work if we have a larger number of volunteers.
Comment by Andrew Berglund on October 16, 2009 at 10:05am
Meeting Synopsis:

Priority One right now is growth. Let's get the word out. Nag on your friends and family, and any photographers (of all skill levels) that you might know to come join in on this great opportunity. We discussed recruiting a few photography groups throughout Denver, as well as trying to get a few college photography programs involved.

We also established a time line that should give us enough time to organize, connect with a shelter, find a location, et cetera. By Oct 29 we'd like to have a presentable flier/plan to be able to pitch with. By November 14th we'd like to know a shelter or group we'll be shooting with, and have a nice safe location in which to shoot.

I don't think it would be impossible to try to get a short blurb on the news about the program. Maybe they glance over us, but it's still worth trying. It can do nothing but increase exposure. Also Jay pointed out a Walgreens in another city offering free printing for the project, so we'll look into that as well.

I'll post another comment with what we're looking for in a flier.

We would like to meet again on Oct 29, 6:30p at Stella's.
Comment by Andrew Berglund on October 15, 2009 at 10:55am
That's great. I'm sure we can email you any notes from tonight's meeting.

© 2014   Created by Kyle Chowning.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service