Thank you everyone for giving of your time and talent for the project. Thanks to all of you who attended on 12/1/2009 at Starbucks it was great, Thanks Jeremy for suggesting Starbucks. I am going to hit a few key points of the meeting so everyone is on the same page. Please let me know if I've forgotten anything.
1) List of the core group with e-mail addresses was sent out via e-bast with initial meeting notes. If you did not receive the e-blast or you are not on the list to your knowledge, send me an e-mail with your e-mail address and a phone number to k91.katherine(at)gmail(dot)com and I will get you in the loop. NEW PEOPLE TO THE GROUP, please send me your information and make sure to note on the volunteer sign in sheet. This is a preliminary list and those who have committed to the task, thank you, we are counting on you coming and doing your magic. If you are not on the list, that does not mean you are not included or needed. If you have received communications from any of the group regarding times, tasks, etc.... Plan on it, be there. We have 7 days before we are doing the project and the revisions may not get posted quickly, we are all working to make this event happen for these people. I will continue to send blasts as important information comes in. I will plan to see you all at the St. Francis Center next Saturday. Note to Emily Smith - Your e-mail is bouncing back please contact me.
2) Everyone at the meeting will be at the project 12/12/09 arriving at or around 9am for set up.
Jay and Katherine will both bring 10X10 pop ups to put outside of the St. Francis Center No longer needing since we have been told the sidewalk needs to be clear.
4) Nicole has tables at her studio which is close by and Jeremy has a truck which can be used to pick up the tables that day.
5) Andy called the St. Francis Center and got some clear information about where we can and cannot "set up shop". We cannot use the sidewalk as we initially had thought, however; we are given a 3rd room/location in the shelter which was their clinic. This will be a great place for hair/makeup and a work station to upload images to the offsite printing as it does have WiFi access. Because of an agreement the center has with the neighborhood, we need to keep things outside on the DL so we will not be having any music or the animal shelter animals.
6) Laney will handle the hair/makeup sanitation issue with securing the barbercide (?SP).
7) Anthony has arranged to have printing done at the AIC, I have created an account with Box.net to upload those images and I'll get the e-mail addresses of those who will be pulling those images to print so it will go smooth. This does not remove the need to have a printer on site so anyone who is willing to bring their printer for some printing of prints or index sheets please do.
8) Nicole will provide the "folder" for the finished 4X6 Prints.
9) Katherine will provide 1500 4X6 photo paper - Need to arrange to deliver to Anthony prior to event day.
10) Nicole will continue to secure donated items for the bags as well as continue fielding calls and additional volunteers.
11) Angela and Jay will handle the food for the group the day of the project. Update - Angela has gotten some awesome donations, she secured Anthony's Pizza to donate Pizza for 100 people as well as 25lbs of tomatoes, do I hear Salsa...............
12) Everyone will bring some Men's Socks the day of the event for the shelter.
13) Everyone will plan to bring their gear and keep it secured for safety and understand we will rotate duties as necessary.
14) Everyone will bring their own CF Cards and have them labeled suggested a minimum of 4 to rotate throughout the day. Here is the skinny why I said 4 - One in the camera, One to edit, One coming from edit and One in case of Card failure.
15) Everyone will be shooting in JPG and once the card is returned from editing the photographer will be responsible for formatting or deleting files.
16) Jim, Angela, Jeremy will plan to bring their backgrounds without stands for possible use.
17) Katherine will plan to bring Santa Suite, Roll of Tickets for Images and roll of paper.
18) Several individuals have indicated they would be bringing their laptops/computers for editing, please don't forget them.
19) Angela will bring her camcorder to help record the day.
20) We will need to have some simple tools available, i.e. staple gun to secure paper or backdrops.
The general dashboard for the day will be:
Set Up -
Greeters to help direct the individuals/families
Hair/Make-Up and Massage
Registration, Each individual or group being photographed together will get ONE Two Part Ticket, they will take that ticket to the photographer who will take one shot of the ticket w/face before shooting approximately 5 images. The ticket with the "client" information will be kept with the photographer to be handed over when the cards are switched out and the other ticket will be given to the "client" for pick up.
During the CF Card switch out, the photographers card with the tickets for those individuals/groups captured will be taken to the editors who will upload, select the best of the images to send to print, naming the file the ticket number and a copy of those images will be kept on an external drive (BOX.NET as well) for possible future use.
The files will be uploaded to BOX.NET where the AIC can access and print.
We will have runners from the St. Francis Center to the AIC to pick up the images to return to the Editing Room where the images will be packed into the "folio" and the corresponding ticket will be attached ready to deliver.
Delivery of the images will be handled along with any "goody bag" at that time.
Those images captured at the very end of the day will be provided to the Center for pick up by the "client" if we are not able to print on site.
Breakdown at the end of the day. Celebrate.
Long Story Short - WE NEED EVERYONE, WE WANT EVERYONE AND WE ARE COUNTING ON EVERYONE. This is a team project and we need everyone to make it happen.
We will not have another "Face to Face" meeting before the 12th but will stay in touch via e-mail.
Keep seeing the light,