We're going to hold a brief VCON tomorrow night, at 9 p.m.
Please click the link below and ensure your name is listed on the tab titled "Recall Roster." You will receive an email from me with a link back to the document which will allow you to log on with your name.
chrisdscott: This is Chris Scott. Am I showing up correctly?
LindseyAHenry has opened the document.
gina.proulx: Checking my own access, here..
me: XC, jump up on skype too
LindseyAHenry: checking in - Lindsey Henry
gina.proulx: Alas. IO
I have tried to load Skype, for use with the Fluco Tom Perriello campaign, and it keeps making my system crash..
So for now, I don't have Skype.
chrisdscott: so, are we just going to chat out our Skype logins?
me: XC on skype
everyone else is good here
chrisdscott: ah, ok
me: ok gang
welcome to the mess which is a vcon
i know this isn't the best way to communitcate
but i wanted to check in before we meet next week
more importantly, i want everyone to put eyes on the task list and air out any questions they may have
also, we need to populate the task list
largely the sponsor section
which will largely be manned by Gina and her section
speaking of, Gina, do you have an update for the group?
gina.proulx: My update is a meeting we held at Mudhouse Coffee with Andrew and Scott
what'd you guys work out
in so many words of course...
gina.proulx: Chris spent the week, as I understand dealing with media appts.
Later he can tell us what he learned
We all discussed the need for some letterhead, and some 'leave behinds' for the requisite face to face meetings that Andrew, I and Lisa will be setting for the coming weeks.
phtgrapher.clark: Andrew here, I've been talking with several participants lately
gina.proulx: Stand by then Andrew and you can offer passdown..
me: ok, when are you guys going to start contacting organizations to contribute organize to shoot?
great, where are we at?
can you guys annotate your work on the task list?
the status section is a good place to update your contact and next action on what you're going to do
gina.proulx: We would like to have some printed materials for our face to face visits.
me: ok, christian is off line, have you brought this to his attention
or are you guys going to generate internally?
gina.proulx: And we have intended to begin those face to face meetings before Nov. 1
phtgrapher.clark: I've been using the flyers from the HP website
gina.proulx: As for internal print piece generation, Andrew's fiancee is translating some of the pieces into Spanish
She is fluent.
me: what pieces?
did you guys produce something internally?
gina.proulx: Andrew --
Not produced internally, yet.
phtgrapher.clark: pdf flyers from the HP website
gina.proulx: But translation for Spanish in progress.
me: OK, so you guys do or don't need materials then
gina.proulx: And we can create some of it ourselves, for sure.
me: sounds like you have it covered from the HP site
gina.proulx: But the larger more official letterhead
gina.proulx: would be very valuable to us.
me: cleared hot, use the mission statement
share out with the Captains and you're good to go
gina.proulx: Mission statement with respect to making letterhead?
me: letterhead is no big
gina.proulx: Just asking for chat-clarity, what you mean..
me: we don't have to have a standarized lettter head
Anonymous user 908 has left.
nicksil: Nick Silvester here - If anything needs to be drawn up and outputted to an .eps file, or otherwise vector format, I'd be glad to take that on.
gina.proulx: Aaah.. Ok.. So I'd need to create that.. I had thought Christian was prepping a design.
christian has a lot going on
maserin has opened the document.
gina.proulx: Getting lost in the shuffle here.
me: and silverstri can help
gina.proulx: Making sure I understand what's happening..
maserin: sorry guys, I'm here now
gina.proulx: Nick Silvester is creating letterhead?
phtgrapher.clark: gina we'll talk offline
gina.proulx: Yep, ANdrew
me: no no, letter head = not necessary
gina.proulx: Now I got it, thanks
me: letter head = nice to have, but not a priority
Andrew, given that -- you and I can speak on the phone, about this.. :)
me: just make sure to pull info from the mission statement so we're all on the same sheet of music
me: ok, anything else from HP Comm?
gina.proulx: And again, our face to face meetings start BEFORE Nov 1
gina.proulx: Andrew MAY have passdown.. I'm sure Chris has stuff for media..
me: I'd still like Scott to clean up that PR Plan tab, Gina, can you see that he does by 1 Nov?
gina.proulx: Andrew, call me tonight if you want.
chrisdscott: Go ahead, Andrew
me: oh, scott is up
gina.proulx: Splendid.. Have you given Chris your edits?
phtgrapher.clark: yeah, I've talked to Southwood, international rescue committee, and habitat for humanity
chrisdscott: No, Andrew has the conch, roll with it.
gina.proulx: I have no idea what 'has the conch' means..
you can speak now
phtgrapher.clark: still finalizing the details, also I think it'd be good to have a little food at the event, so I think we need to reach out for that
me: gina, never read lord of the flies???
gina.proulx: aaah.. It's been a long time..
nicksil: I had to Google it...
me: ok guys, good on the comm section
gina.proulx: HA HA HA HA
me: i need HARD deadlines
this stuff has to start gelling fast
Gina, I'm leaving it up to you to task and track your folks on this
and roll in any additaional vol support as well
or, that you may need
gina.proulx: Splendid.. Chris S, and Andrew are pretty on the ball.. Lisa will be dovetailing in for the face to face meetings at the organizations she works with, too.
me: alright, GTG comm?
excellent, i'd like to see some sort of task list with dates from comm on tuesday, if able
chrisdscott: Yeah, on Media side, two out of three channels have verbally committed to involvement, I'll finalize this week and next to get ad space locked in for November
me: also, you guys have a lot of ancilalry folks like ron and lindsey (hey!) to check in with for their contacts
chrisdscott: thats all
gina.proulx: Splendid Chris.. Who did you get verbals, from?
me: mark them down as an X on the task list
chrisdscott: im not updating task list until i get paper contracts...C-Ville Weekly and Charlottesville Radio Group
gina.proulx: Who is Cville Radio Group? Which stations?
chrisdscott: Newsplex will be easy after the other two channels are taken care of
me: ok guys, let's move on...
chrisdscott: 5 diff. ones, Gina
me: hammond are you up?
chrisdscott: Corner is one of them
me: or anyone from treasury
gina.proulx: That's what I thought, but wasn't sure. THanks, Chris.. Well Done.
me: i guess not
chrisdscott: Gina, I'll update up the chain once I get locked in
me: can't get in touch with Richmond camera
so we're probably on our own
nicksil: As far as print stations?
Anonymous user 909 has opened the document.
me: we're prob going to have to ask around
i don't think it will be hard
nicksil: asking individuals
me: but i want you to come up with a written plan on how to make this lan happen
yeah, people to bring in printers
aaron watson has a roll printer
and we'll probably need another two for backup
that is, if he wants to donate
gina.proulx: Is there a way to advertise this need thru Look3's social media?
me: it kicks out 4 X 6's fast!
maserin: Bill's big beef at Pro Camera was with liability (he only has one printer); wants to make sure people using it are careful and know how to use it
nicksil: Alright. Reading the task list, it was difficult to discern whether we're looking for more of a wired or wireless setup
maserin: I'm still working on him
me: the task list talks to wirelessly transmitting photos to the "print center"
chrisdscott: Nick, should we ping Leslie Channel on our printer concerns?
phtgrapher.clark: Gina, probably Andrew Owen
me: erin, if bill can't commit this week, we're moving on
nicksil: Also, with reducing the number of cards, or completely going without them, we'd need a wired tether or remote mainframe for that.
me: I'm meeting with andrew next week, ill ask then
Nick Sil, feasible?
or out of this world?
me: i want what's easist
wireless transmit from floor to print area
no need to answer now
just something to think about
nicksil: Wireless will be most difficult. The easiest route would probably be hotswapping CF cards - another item I would be able to take care of
me: but i do want some sort of plan on how to connect the computers to the printers and what you're going to need to make it happen
ok, frag the wireless floor to print area idea
nicksil: I'll draw up something to have done by the meeting
me: we'll have runners send the CF cards up to the print area
anyone from photography here
Ron or Jason?
chrisdscott: Comm can run that day since our job will be done by D Day
me: no no
That's Nick's territory
chrisdscott: ok, just an option
me: let's just put that...yeah
ok, no one's here from the Studio
ok, anyone have anything else?
gina.proulx: Andrew, I'd love it if you'd call me, now if you want..
nicksil: What size images are we shooing for? Or does that reply upon what equipment we're able to get
me: OK, BE SURE to make sure your names on the recall roster
me: SIGN up on HP site if you haven't
FILL IN the task list
gina.proulx: Just noticed that I"m contacting hair and makeup
me: FILL in the task list
FILL in the task list!!!
with as much amplifying info as you can
gina.proulx: What parameters for those hair and makeup people. HOW MANY?
me: no "I know this guy" or "my neighbor"
Gina UNK, work with the Studio to determine
gina.proulx: The Studio, as in Ron D?
chrisdscott: No MUA "Uncle Bobs"
maserin: Just FYI on sizing, Cowart himself claims that the goal is to hand out at least one 5x7 or 8x10
nicksil: Thanks, Erin
me: good catch erin
ok, we'll address
alright, last words?
see you guys tuesday?!?
nicksil: no doubt
maserin: hey hey
me: thanks guys!!!