Help Portrait is a movement of photographers who are using their time, equipment and expertise to give back to those who are less fortunate.

Let's Connect

Members

Forum

Locations

175 discussions

Miscellaneous

Existing discussions that have not been assigned a category.

29 discussions

Setup

20 discussions

Getting Involved

36 discussions

Marketing

7 discussions

Sponsorships

4 discussions

Volunteers

15 discussions

H-P Community

25 discussions

CODP Help-Portrait Shoot | Fabulous Free Weekend

Event Description

Two free days for CODP Help-Portrait volunteers to go out and shoot freely!

Guidelines:

1] Each CODP Help-Portrait photographer or volunteer registered in the group may shoot up to 50 portraits of their own choice

2] Portraits must be taken either on Saturday 20 or Sunday 21 November 2010

3] Use your discretion when deciding who to offer a portrait to - please, keep in mind the "people in need" nature of the project

4] The photographer will be responsible for delivering the prints to the subjects - keep that in mind if you shoot complete strangers

5] Go solo, team up, do a group walk, visit your local mall's parking lot, the guards at your suburb boom gates, the waiters at your local restaurant...................whatever you think is in the spirit of "people in need" and just have fun!

Share your ideas and plans on the comment wall below!

Comment Wall

Comment

RSVP for CODP Help-Portrait Shoot | Fabulous Free Weekend to add comments!

Join Help-Portrait Community

Comment by Stanley-Carl du-Pont on November 21, 2010 at 11:41pm
Nice one Oriel!

Anyone else to share what they did?
Comment by Oriël on November 21, 2010 at 2:07am
23 Portraits from my shoot yesterday at an informal settlement in Glenharvie - close to a miners community.
Comment by Stanley-Carl du-Pont on November 18, 2010 at 8:59am
In principle, you are pretty much on the mark Oriel.

Here is an add-on: in the "street shoot" area, identify a well-known local store and approach the owner to get permission to drop off all the "area" images there and ask if they will allow the folk to come by after a fixed date to collect their portraits. Then you can tell the street people when and where to collect the portraits.

Double add-on: on the day of delivery, walk the area again giving the portraits to those you see, at the store whip out a good book and settle down for some reading while you wait the morning for some collections.

A week or so later, mozzy-on down to the store again and check if any prints still remain. My bag of marshmallows says "zip prints leftover" - portraits are highly prized items!

Hope that this helps!
Comment by Oriël on November 18, 2010 at 4:34am
Just a tip, for those who want to shoot strangers, let's use an example: you go to shoot all the car guards at your shopping centre or street people: make an arrangement with the people you shoot that you will drop the images at a shop or central point by say the 15th (final prints should be done by the 11th if I have it right) and they can go collect on that day.

Stanley, maybe you have more tips?
Comment by Oriël on November 18, 2010 at 1:18am
I'll be looking out for shelters and old age homes.
Comment by Lyndsay Barr on November 18, 2010 at 12:54am
I am going to do the ground staff at my kids school, the security gaurds etc! Awesome, thanks for organising SC

Attending (7)

Might attend (1)

© 2014   Created by Kyle Chowning.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service